Honolua Ukuleles is a Calgary-based ukulele company manufacturing ukuleles with premium features at an affordable price.
Perfect for anyone wanting to dip their toe into the ukulele water, our Honu series was designed to provide as much instrument as we could at an entry level price. The all sapele construction provides a warm tone, similar to that of mahogany, but the Honu is more durable and less susceptible to humidity and temperature changes than our solid top models, the Mano and Kohala. As with all Honolua Ukuleles, it includes premium features designed to produce the best tone possible at an affordable price, including bone nut and saddle for better clarity and sustain, open back machine heads for tuning precision and eco-friendly wood selections.
Concert ukuleles are currently the most popular ukulele body size worldwide. A slight upgrade in size over the traditional soprano, the Honu Concert provides a deeper tone and more overall volume than the Honu Soprano with a little extra room for fingers on the fretboard. This size is suitable for all ages, though small children may be better suited to a soprano.
- Sapele top, back and sides
- Open gear tuners for accurate tuning
- Bone nut and saddle for increased resonance
- Aquila strings
- Bridge pins for easy string changes
- 5 mm padded gig bag included
- Free digital download for our 20 page ebook: "Ukulele: A Quick Start Guide" included
- Tree planted for every ukulele sold
- Body Shape - Concert
- Top Wood - Sapele
- Body Wood - Sapele
- Neck - Mahogany
- Nut Width - 1.375"
- Fretboard and Bridge - Black Walnut
- Rosette - Double Ring White ABS
- Nut and Saddle - Bone
- Tuning Heads - Chrome Open Gear
- Tuning Buttons - Black
- Fretboard Inlays - White
- Bridge Pins - White w/ Black Dots
- Gig Bag - 5 mm Padded Included